A-life is the leading provider of Healthy Workshops, Fun Fitness Sessions and Alcohol & Drugs Awareness for primary schools and we would LOVE to visit your school to help teach these vital lessons to your pupils, parents and staff.
Our workshops are packed full of curriculum and fun! The hands-on activities are accessible for all ages and abilities and have been carefully designed to meet and expand upon many objectives in the Science, PE and PSHE curriculum. With over 13 years’ experience and having taught over 750,000 children our expert coaches consistently receive outstanding feedback from staff and pupils alike. (Here is a link to our promo video to give you a taster....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6_y6AKFfA )
Session length: 1 hour (approx.)
No. of pupils per session: up to 60
Age suitability: Nursery-Year 6
Children will be put into small groups and, after a short introduction from your A-life coach, head off to one of the action-packed activity stations, where they will:
- Piece together the human body, exploring the function of each organ
- Use puzzles to explore different fruits and vegetables and getting 5 a day
- Explore how many grams of sugar and salt are in some favourite drinks and snacks
- Watch a short DVD to discover new ways of keeping fit and active
- Play different games that show where food comes from, how food grows and foods from around the world
- Use maths to shop to a budget
- Put on a fat belt and work out how heavy it is
- Investigate the nutritional values of different foods
- Use life-like foods to discover what a balanced diet is all about
- Simulate the effects of drinking too much alcohol, testing its effect on our balance and ability to walk (Year 5 upwards. Always supervised by an adult.)
- Follow directions around a map to different takeaways
- Check out their tooth brushing technique and see how their personal hygiene is
- Find out how much sleep they need and whether they are getting it
- Sort household items into ‘safe’ and ‘unsafe’ bins
The children visit the different stations in their teams, the activities are all age appropriate and differentiated for the age groups. The session is completed by a 10 minute talk from the coach to round up the learning.
Online 7-day Healthy Challenge – Included free with any Healthy Workshop booking is our great fun, interactive online quiz to follow up the teaching from the workshops. Children log their healthy habits throughout the week and print a personalised certificate at the end showing their ‘health’ score and ‘brain’ score.
Here is an example of the exceptional feedback we consistently receive:
"I would highly recommend A-life. The interactive 'healthy lifestyle' workshop & fitness session were both of a high standard & managed to cover so many different curriculum objectives in a way we would not have been able to deliver as a school. A-life delivered a similar hands-on experience to the science museum. Well planned & resourced, inspiring, challenging and created enthusiasm amongst the pupils - great price and no hassle to organise. I will definitely be booking A-life again! 5*." Frith Manor Primary School
Our other sessions include:
Fun Fitness Sessions - designed to give all pupils a full body workout at the same time as reinforcing the key messages of keeping healthy from the hands-on workshop. A fun-packed, non-stop, fast-paced session that motivates pupils to understand that keeping active is a vital part of staying healthy and can be a lot of fun (Nursery-Yr6).
Alcohol & Drug Awareness Workshop – a safe environment for pupils to begin considering this sensitive subject, which many schools and families find difficult to tackle. Our experienced coaches, with hands-on activities and anecdotal stories, will provide a comfortable and relaxed space in which to explore the issues surrounding drugs and alcohol, as well as the associated issues of peer pressure (Yr5-8).
Staff PE Training CPD - from basic warm up ideas to team games, to skills sessions, our A-life team will provide plenty of activities and ideas to inspire and equip staff as they go back to their classrooms and deliver PE. Session pack included.
Parent Healthy Workshops are also available
We look forward to hearing from you.
The A-life team
Early Years Age 3-5, KS1 Age 5-7, KS2 Age 7-11, KS3 Age 11-13